Special science activity for families at Immaginario Scientifico, , in memory of Arturo Falaschi

Infopoint info_pt at ictp.it
Wed May 25 13:16:38 CEST 2016

**

*__*

Immaginario Scientifico di Trieste

*Special science activity for families at Immaginario Scientifico*

*in memory of Arturo Falaschi *

*/Great interest for “Arturo's Helix”, the science lab for families
about genetics and DNA,/*

*/held on Sunday the 29^th of May at Immaginario Scientifico in Trieste/*

We know that the DNA molecule determines many traits of our body & mind
(and even which diseases we are prone to catch), yet how many of us have
ever seen it "live"? You can do it on *Sunday the 29^th of May, at
15.00* at the Immaginario Scientifico Science Centre of Trieste in a
special laboratory aimed at families on the subject of molecular genetics.

This special event is named */Arturo's Helix/*/,/ after *Arturo
Falaschi*, Director of the International Centre for Genetic Engineering
and Biotechnology in Trieste and Molecular Biology Professor at the
Scuola Normale in Pisa, departed on June 1^st2010.

In memory of this great man of science and culture, the /Arturo's Helix/
event will give the opportunity to families with children over8 to
experience the DNA extraction from a plant tissue, using a simple
technique and "ingredients" of everyday life. This involving, informal
teaching activity has aroused a great interest in the public of Trieste
science centre and *has been fully booked*.

Info: www.immaginarioscientifico.it

/Trieste, May 24^th 2016/

*Ufficio Stampa: *Micol Ascoli Marchetti | 040 224337 • 348 7735988 |
ascoli at immaginarioscientifico.it