Series of public events

Infopoint info_pt at ictp.it
Fri Nov 14 09:13:45 CET 2014

Dear All,

I am organizing a series of public events  on a monthly basis, with the
overall title

*"Science, Literature and Civil Commitment."*

In these meetings we will have, as special guests, writers, scientists
and intellectuals, and on the stage there will be the pleasure of the
language, in particular: literature, as the art of storytelling, versus
science, as the art of understanding. But it will become soon clear that
it is also true the converse, i.e. we can regard science as the art of
storytelling while literature as the art of understanding. And, above
all, the civil commitment as moral tension of our life.

We will discuss great thinkers and writers of the past, such as Galileo
Galilei, or Avicenna; scientists of our time, such as Margherita Hack,
and great writers of all time, such as Dante, Leopardi, Italo Calvino
and the engineer Carlo Emilio Gadda .

This week-end, sunday afternoon, we are going to have a meeting on
Margherita Hack at San Marco,
with guest Pietro Greco.

Please find hereafter the invitation

All the best