Message re open day

ICTP Info Point info_pt at ictp.it
Mon Sep 22 11:31:40 CEST 2008

OPEN DAY

Dear all.
I would like to thank all of you that helped out on this Saturday,
making the Open Day 2008 become another big success. We were lucky with
the weather, yes. But the stands, the way you handled the visitors on
the tours and when they arrived, made the visitors very happy and
impressed. The program of talks and interventions was varied
and very interesting.
The representatives from the authorities also had very positive
comments about the event.

As to numbers, we believe that between 2000 and 2500 persons came to
the Open Day. We had higher numbers 4 years ago, but this year there
were simply too many competing events. And the closure of the Strada
Costiera in Barcola (due to bicycle competition) prevented several from
reaching us, we are told. But in all, we have all reasons to be
satisfied and proud. An enjoyable day with a lot of good publicity for
the Centre.

On behalf of the Director, thank you for your assistance and support on
the Open Day. Well done.

Dag Harald Johannessen