Cases of Plagiarism in Turkey

ICTP info point info_pt at ictp.it
Fri Aug 31 10:25:51 CEST 2007

Dear Colleagues:

You may be already aware of a massive case of plagiarism uncovered
recently in Turkey. You can find the details by linking to

http://arxiv.org/new/removals07aug.html

This news will no doubt be as disconcerting to you as it is to me.
Plagiarism is not the bane of any one country or culture. Our Centre,
because of the diverse backgrounds of its community, must be especially
conscious of this blight and eschew it at all costs.

With best wishes,

K.R. Sreenivasan
Abdus Salam Research Professor
Director, ICTP

Anne Gatti
Director's Office
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera 11
I-34100 Trieste
Italy
Tel:  +39 040 2240251