High Energy Physics Seminar next week (Meineri)

HECAP - Margherita Di Giovannantonio hecap at ictp.it
Fri Mar 22 07:55:14 CET 2024

*_HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS SEMINAR_ - https://indico.ictp.it/event/10664/**__*

*Tuesday, 26 March *2024, at *16:00*  - *LUIGI STASI SEMINAR ROOM/
/*

**

**

Marco Meineri (University of Torino)

*“The Numerical Bootstrap of Points and Lines”*

_Abstract_

I will describe how to constrain the spectrum of local operators and
boundary conditions, in two dimensions, using the numerical bootstrap.
Even for rational theories, it is hard to construct examples of boundary
conditions which break all symmetry except Virasoro, let alone classify
them. Yet, as always, the OPE data associated with each conformal
boundary condition obeys crossing and unitarity. The ensuing constraints
can be organized in a semidefinite program, which allows to explore a
multi-dimensional parameter space involving bulk and boundary data. I
will show preliminary plots of the bounds one can obtain.

This is a hybrid event. *To join via Zoom*:

Zoom link:https://zoom.us/j/99183462338

Meeting ID: 991 8346 2338

Password: 194893