ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINAR - Tuesday 26 March, at 14:30 - VENUE: ICTP Luigi Stasi seminar room - Sergej Monavari (EPFL)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Mar 19 10:39:09 CET 2024

_ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINAR_

Tuesday 26 Mar 2024, at 14:30 - VENUE: ICTP Leonardo Building - Luigi
Stasi Seminar Room

Title: Tetrahedron instantons in Donaldson-Thomas theory

Speaker: Sergej Monavari (EPFL)

Abstract: Tetrahedron instantons were recently introduced by
Pomoni-Yan-Zhang in string theory, as a way to describe systems of D0-D6
branes with defects. We propose a rigorous geometric interpretation of
their work by the point of view of Donaldson-Thomas theory. We will
explain how to naturally construct the moduli space of tetrahedron
instantons as a Quot scheme, parametrizing quotients of a torsion sheaf
over a certain singular threefold, and how to construct a virtual
fundamental class in this setting using quiver representations and the
recent machinery of Oh-Thomas (which is in principle designed for moduli
spaces of sheaves on Calabi-Yau 4-folds). Furthermore, we will show how
to formalize mathematically the invariants considered by
Pomoni-Yan-Zhang (initially defined via supersymmetric localization in
Physics) and how to rigorously compute them, solving some open
conjectures. Joint work with Nadir Fasola.

/https://indico.ictp.it/event/10675
/

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela