High Energy Physics ONLINE Seminar TOMORROW (Sun)

HECAP - Margherita Di Giovannantonio hecap at ictp.it
Wed Mar 13 07:23:50 CET 2024

*_HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS ONLINE SEMINARS_ **__*

*Thursday, 14 March* 2024, at *16:00*  - *ON LINE ONLY -
https://indico.ictp.it/event/10640//
<https://indico.ictp.it/event/10640/> /*

**

**

Zimo Sun (Princeton University)

*“(A)dS Partition Function from Bulk and Edge Characters ”*

_Abstract_

The one-loop partition function of quantum fields on a fixed (A)dS
background is an important quantity in holography.  In this talk, I will
derive a new integral representation of such partition functions, which
involves two group characters, e.g. the bulk character and the edge
character.
Technically, this integral representation is a useful tool to evaluate
functional determinants, in particular for higher spin fields. The
higher spin holography can be understood as a miraculous bulk and edge
cancellation in this picture.
Conceptually, the decomposition of bulk and edge characters describes
precisely the bulk and edge modes of any spinning fields.
I will comment on the physical picture of the edge modes, which are
localized on a horizon.
/The talk will be based on: 2009.12464
<https://arxiv.org/abs/2009.12464>, 2010.15826
<https://arxiv.org/abs/2010.15826> and 2111.04591