REMINDER - High Energy Physics ONLINE Seminar TOMORROW(Gaberdiel)

HECAP - Margherita Di Giovannantonio hecap at ictp.it
Mon Mar 11 11:13:21 CET 2024

*_HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS ONLINE SEMINARS_ **__*

*Tuesday, 12 March* 2024, at *16:00*  - *ON LINE ONLY -
https://indico.ictp.it/event/10641//
<https://indico.ictp.it/event/10641/> /*

**

**

Matthias Gaberdiel (ITP, ETH Zurich)

*“Tensionless Strings and Orbifolds”*

_Abstract_

I will begin by reviewing the exact duality relating tensionless string
theory on AdS3xS3xT4 with one unit of NS-NS flux to the symmetric
orbifold of T4. The underlying worldsheet description of this background
also determines that of its orbifolds, and this allows us to read off
the spectrum of the dual CFT. I shall then explain that, at least for a
family of such orbifolds, the dual CFT is described by a subsector of
the original symmetric orbifold where one expands around a
`non-perturbative' state..

*To join via Zoom*:

Zoom link:https://zoom.us/j/96395172714

Meeting ID: 963 9517 2714