Reminder - High Energy Physics Seminar TOMORROW (Cabass)

HECAP - Margherita Di Giovannantonio hecap at ictp.it
Wed Mar 6 08:10:04 CET 2024

*_HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS SEMINAR_ - https://indico.ictp.it/event/10639/**__*

*Thursday, 7 March* 2024, at *16:00*  - *LUIGI STASI SEMINAR ROOM/
/*

**

**

Giovanni Cabass (Institute Ruder Boskovic)

*
*

*“BOSS Constraints on Massive Particles During Inflation: The
Cosmological Collider”*

_
_

_Abstract_

Massive spinning particles leave imprints on primordial non-Gaussianity
via their coupling to the inflaton, even despite their exponential
dilution during inflation. Improving on modern Cosmological Bootstrap
techniques I present a search for these particles using the
redshift-space galaxy power spectrum and bispectrum multipoles measured
in BOSS, the first analysis of such kind with cosmological data. I focus
on spin-0 particles in the principal series and constrain their
couplings to the inflaton at varying speed of propagation and mass,
marginalizing over the unknown inflaton self interactions. This is a
fundamental step towards inflationary spectroscopy from cosmological
observations, the ultimate link between the physics of the infinitely
large and infinitely small.

This is a hybrid event. *To join via Zoom*:

Zoom link:https://zoom.us/j/91754463854

Meeting ID: 917 5446 3854

Password: 405079