ICTP MATHEMATICS SEMINAR - Friday 8 March, at 15.00 - Alina Marian - VENUE: ICTP Leonardo Building - Luigi Stasi Seminar Room

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Mar 5 09:39:42 CET 2024

_ICTP  MATHEMATICS SEMINARS - 2024_

Friday 8 Mar 2024, at 15:00 (Central European Time)

Venue: ICTP Leonardo Building - Luigi Stasi Seminar Room

Speaker: Alina Marian (ICTP)

Title: On the intersection theory and the Segre-Verlinde correspondence
of moduli spaces of stable sheaves over curves and surfaces. Part I: the
case of curves.

Abstract: I will describe the Verlinde-Segre relationship for the moduli
space of semistable vector bundles over a smooth projective curve C,
using a suitable Quot scheme on C. In the coprime rank and degree case,
I will also explain that any tautological integral on the moduli space
of stable bundles on C can be expressed, using the geometry of Quot
schemes on C, as a sum of integrals on r-products of Sym^d(C) for
suitable degrees, therefore reducing the calculation to rank one. This
is the first talk in a lecture series on recent and ongoing work which
explores how to relate the intersection theory of moduli spaces of
stables sheaves to that of suitable Quot schemes, leading to an
effective way of calculating interesting intersection-theoretic
invariants of the moduli space.

All interested are welcome to attend.

/https://indico.ictp.it/event/10668/
/

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela