Today: Geometric Structures seminar - Daniele Tiberio - Tuesday January 30rd, 2024 , 14:00 (Rome time) - room 133

Samuel Borza sborza at sissa.it
Tue Jan 30 09:47:42 CET 2024

Dear All,

This is to remind you of today's seminar from the series "Geometric Structures".

Speaker: Daniele Tiberio (SISSA)

Title: Sard theorems in infinite dimensions and applications to sub-Riemannian geometry
Time: Tuesday January 30th, 2024 , 14:00 (Rome time)
Venue: room 133 - SISSA main building

----
Abstract:
The Sard conjecture in sub-Riemannian geometry claims that the set of critical values of the endpoint maps has measure zero. These are smooth maps which take values in the manifold, but they are defined on infinite dimensional domains. I will present recent Sard-type theorems for "polynomial" functions from a Hilbert space to a finite dimensional space. As a result, we provide a partial answer to the Sard conjecture in Carnot groups. This talk is based on a work in collaboration with Professor Antonio Lerario and Professor Luca Rizzi.
----

More information can be found here: https://sites.google.com/view/geometric-structures/

----
Samuël Borza