Worldwide Physics Outreach: Call for PWF project proposals

Physics Without Frontiers pwf at ictp.it
Tue Jan 23 13:38:20 CET 2024

Dear ICTP friends,

The Physics Without Frontiers programme
<https://www.ictp.it/home/physics-without-frontiers> works to teach,
train, and inspire physics and mathematics university students
worldwide, with focus on countries in the Global South, to help build
the next generation of scientists.

We invite you to partner with us to organise a project to promote
physics and mathematics in your home country or collaborate on a project
elsewhere.

Each PWF project is unique, combining activities such as hands-on
training, lecturing and networking, and is developed with a country's
specific needs in mind. A component of science diplomacy, interaction
with industry, outreach and diversity are often incorporated into
projects. PWF promotes networking and collaborative environments, and
encourages mentoring to students who may have fewer opportunities.

The 2024-2025 PWF call for applications is now open for you to outline
your motivation, define the issue you would like to address and put
forward any ideas you have for the project. The *deadline* for
submitting your application is *29th February 2024*, _for projects
taking place between May 2024 - April 2025_.

If your project is selected in phase I of the call, we will work with
you to put together an organising committee and develop with you a full
project proposal with defined project goals and design corresponding
activities. You can find the guidelines for applications on the website
<https://www.ictp.it/home/physics-without-frontiers-apply>.

Have questions? Check out our website
<https://www.ictp.it/home/physics-without-frontiers>, and*_ join our
online PWF Q&A Session at 3-4pm CET on Tuesday 6th February 2024 _*where
you can post your questions (Zoom Meeting ID: 922 5025 7491). Please
register here
<https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYvcumqqzwuE9UFXNdLt6VIeL06ymXduYom>
to participate in the Q&A session.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Prof. Bobby Acharya, Dr. Kate Shaw and Dr. Natasa Stojic

Follow us @ictpPWF on Twitter <https://twitter.com/ictpPWF>, Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/ictpPWF/>, and Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/ictppwf/>  for regular updates and news.

Website: https://www.ictp.it/home/physics-without-frontiers
<https://www.ictp.it/home/physics-without-frontiers>

Subscribe to our Mailing List by sending an email with the subject
SUBSCRIBE to pwf-subscribe at lists.ictp.it
<mailto:pwf-subscribe at lists.ictp.it>