High Energy Physics Seminar next week - Thursday (Garriga Torres)

HECAP - Margherita Di Giovannantonio hecap at ictp.it
Thu Jan 18 07:59:53 CET 2024

*_HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS SEMINAR_* - https://indico.ictp.it/event/10616/*__*

*Thursday, 25 January* 2024, at *16:00*  - *LUIGI STASI SEMINAR ROOM *

**

**

Jaime Garriga Torres (University of Barcelona)

*“Diversity of Channels for Primordial Black Hole Production in Single
Field Models of Inflation”*

_Abstract_

A class of inflationary scenarios for primordial black hole (PBH)
formation include a small barrier in the slope of the potential. In such
models, there are two competing channels for PBH formation. One is the
standard gravitational collapse of large adiabatic perturbations. The
other is the implosion of localized regions of false vacuum which remain
trapped behind the barrier. We analyze such models, comparing both
channels and establishing under what conditions one will dominate over
the other. More generally, we comment on the significance of exponential
tails in the PDF of the curvature perturbation variable, and the fact
that in models with local type non-Gaussianity, the existence of
alternative channels can be inferred from unitarity considerations.

<https://indico.ictp.it/event/10616/>

This is a hybrid event. *To join via Zoom*:

Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/98584222826<https://zoom.us/j/98584222826>

Meeting ID: 985 8422 2826

Password: 170998