Cyril Letrouit - Nodal sets of eigenfunctions of sub-Laplacians - Thursday, January 11th, 2024, 14:00

Luca Rizzi lrizzi at sissa.it
Mon Jan 8 13:37:39 CET 2024

Dear All,

This is to announce the next seminar from the series "Geometric Structures".

Speaker: Cyril Letrouit (CNRS, Laboratoire de Mathématiques d'Orsay)

Title: Nodal sets of eigenfunctions of sub-Laplacians
Time: Thursday, January 11th, 2024, 14:00 (Rome time)
Venue: room 136 - SISSA main builiding and online on zoom at this link:
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85675591787?pwd=TUo2VXpmcEhOU1paRzBXUWp2MU1odz09
Passcode: geometry

----
Abstract:
Nodal sets of eigenfunctions of elliptic operators on compact manifolds have been studied extensively over the past decades. In a recent work, we initiated the study of nodal sets of eigenfunctions of hypoelliptic operators on compact manifolds, focusing on sub-Laplacians (e.g. on compact quotients of the Heisenberg group). Our results show that nodal sets behave in an anisotropic way which can be analyzed with standard tools from sub-Riemannian geometry such as sub-Riemannian dilations, nilpotent approximation and desingularization at singular points. This is a joint work with S. Eswarathasan.

​​Luca Rizzi
SISSA (Trieste)
https://rizzilu.perso.math.cnrs.fr/