Seminar by Lorenzo Rosasco - 28 February - "Learning functions, operators and dynamical systems with kernels"

Quantitative Life Sciences qls at ictp.it
Mon Feb 26 08:56:26 CET 2024

Dear All,

On Wednesday, 28 February, at 14:30  Lorenzo ROSASCO (University of
Genoa, Italy) will give a seminar titled

_Learning functions, operators and dynamical systems with kernels_

Abstract:
Supervised machine learning is concerned with the problem of estimating
a function of interest from a random set of input/output pairs. While
classically real-valued functions are considered, there is a growing
interest in estimating more complex maps such as linear and nonlinear
operators.

In this talk, I will describe how some of these questions can be tackled
using kernel methods.
I will show how classical results for scalar-valued functions seamlessly
extend to operators. Then, I will describe how this approach can be used
to learn dynamical systems by estimating the corresponding Koopman operator.

_Venue: Kastler Lecture Hall, Adriatico Guest House, Riva Massimiliano e
Carlotta, Grignano I - 34151 Trieste _

Best regards,
Erica

--