Joint ICTP-SISSA-UNITS Physics Seminars next week (Rychkov and van Rees) @ UniTS

HECAP - Margherita Di Giovannantonio hecap at ictp.it
Fri Feb 23 08:52:56 CET 2024

*_Joint ICTP-SISSA-UniTS Seminars_**__*

*Wednesday, 28 February* 2024 - *UniTS, Aula 1 A Conferenze, Edificio D
*

*
*

*
*

*14:30 - https://indico.ictp.it/event/10652/
<https://indico.ictp.it/event/10652/>*

Slava Rychkov (IHES, Paris)

*
*

*"O(N)xO(2) Model from 4d to 3d _ The Tale of Disappearing Fixed Points"*

*
*

*
*_Abstract_
O(N) xO(2) model of 2N scalar fields in the bifundamental representation
of the global symmetry group furnishes an example of a system where
unitary fixed points exist not for all N but in a range of N above some
N_c(d), where N_c(d) is a rapidly varying function of dimension d. I
will describe how N_c(d) can be found using the conformal bootstrap. I
will also describe the relation of our work to a contentious issue of
"focus fixed points" which has been identified in this model by previous
work.
/Joint work with Marten Reehorst, Balt van Rees, and Benoit Sirois./

*/_____________/*

*/
/*

*/16:00 - /*https://indico.ictp.it/event/10653/*/
/* <https://indico.ictp.it/event/10653/>

*/
/*

Balt van Rees (École Polytechnique, Paris)

*/
/*

*"QFT in AdS instead of LSZ"*

*/
/*

_
_

_
_

_Abstract*/
/*_

The Boundary correlation functions for a QFT in a fixed AdS background
should reduce to S-matrix elements in the flat-space limit. We consider
this procedure in detail for four-point functions. With minimal
assumptions we rigorously show that the resulting S-matrix element obeys
a dispersion relation, the non-linear unitarity conditions, and the
Froissart-Martin bound. QFT and AdS thus provides an alternative route
to fundamental QFT results that normally  rely on the same LSZ axioms._*/
/*_

*
*

*
*

*
*

**

**

Alberto Lerda (University of Torino)

*“Strong Coupling Results in N=2 Conformal Gauge Theories”*

_Abstract_

I discuss how to compute correlation functions in a large class of N=2
conformal gauge theories using supersymmetric localization.

In the planar limit it is possible to obtain exact compact expressions
that are valid for all values of the coupling constant and hence to
derive their strong-coupling behavior in an analytic way. At leading
order the same results perfectly match those obtained using the AdS/CFT
correspondence at the supergravity level. This agreement confirms the
validity of the analytic strong-coupling results and of the holographic
correspondence in a non-maximally supersymmetric set-up.

This is a hybrid event. *To join via Zoom*:

Zoom link:https://zoom.us/j/93030437369

Meeting ID: 930 3043 7369

Password: 289375