Geometric Structures seminar - Ivan Beschastnyi - Tuesday February 20th, 2024, 14:00 (Rome time) - room 131 at SISSA

Samuel Borza sborza at sissa.it
Tue Feb 20 08:00:00 CET 2024

Dear All,

This is to remind you of today's seminar from the series "Geometric Structures".

Speaker: Ivan Beschastnyi (INRIA, Nice)

Title: Symplectic geometry for boundary conditions of Grushin operators
Time: Tuesday February 20th, 2024 , 14:00 (Rome time)
Venue: room 131 - SISSA main building

----
Abstract:
In this talk I will explain how to construct self-adjoint extensions for a class of differential operators on Grushin manifolds. The main tool will be a natural bijection between self-adjoint extensions and Lagrangian subspaces of some symplectic space. I will illustrate the technique first via a full classification of self-adjoint extensions of a Schroedinger operator with inverse square potential, and then explain what can be said in the case of Grushin manifolds. This is a joint work with H. Quan.
----

More information can be found here: https://sites.google.com/view/geometric-structures/

----
Samuël Borza