ICTP Mathematics Seminar - TOMORROW - Tuesday 19 September, at 14:00 - Gustavo Araújo

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Sep 18 09:06:29 CEST 2023

_ICTP MATHEMATICS SEMINAR_

_

TOMORROW - Tuesday 19 September, at 14:00

*Venue*: Luigi Stasi seminar room (Leonardo da Vinci Building)

*Speaker:*

Gustavo Araújo (UEPB, Brazil)

*Title:*

Quantitative and qualitative estimates on the norm of product of polynomials

*Abstract:*

When for the first time, in 1987, a Banach space /X/ and a bounded
operator /T/ : /X/→/X/ with no trivial invariant subspaces was
constructed, two of the many tools used by P.H. Enflo was the
“concentration of polynomials at low degrees” and a series of estimates
on the norm of products of polynomials. The concept of concentration of
polynomials at low degrees has been adapted to other norms and one of
these adaptations falls within the case of sets with gaps or missing
portions (the so-called lacunary sets). Here we deepen into the study of
these two concepts and, among other things, we present a result on
estimates of lacunary norms of product of polynomials.

/This is a joint work with P.H. Enflo, G.A. Muñoz-Fernández, D.L.
Rodríguez-Vidanes and J.B. Seoane-Sepúlveda./

/
/

https://indico.ictp.it/event/10542/<https://indico.ictp.it/event/10541/>