QLS seminar - TODAY, 25 October 14h00: "Mean-Field Analysis of Lasso under Ultra-Sparse Conditions" by Koki Okajima

Quantitative Life Sciences qls at ictp.it
Wed Oct 25 09:13:17 CEST 2023

Dear All,

Today, 25 October, 2023 at 14:00 CET, Koki Okajima (Graduate School of
Science The University of Tokyo, Japan) will give a seminar titled:

*Mean-Field Analysis of Lasso under Ultra-Sparse Conditions
*

_Abstract:_

  We analyze the average performance of the least absolute shrinkage and
selection operator (Lasso) for the linear model under a Gaussian matrix
design, when the number of regressors grows larger while keeping the
true support size finite, i.e., the ultra-sparse case. The result is
based on a novel treatment of the non-rigorous replica method in
statistical physics, where self-averaging assumptions on certain random
variables are relaxed. Using our theory, the average performance for
Gaussian measurements and noise can be assessed from the solution of a
random scalar optimization problem with O(1) random elements.

_
_
_The seminar will take place in the *Common area*, Ex SISSA building,
Second floor, via Beirut 2
_ _
_Indico webpage: https://indico.ictp.it/event/10566/
__