Fwd: IGAP Complex differential geometry seminar 22 November - VENUE: IGAP/IFPU Building - Via Beirut 2

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Nov 20 14:09:44 CET 2023

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	IGAP Complex differential geometry seminar 22 November
Date: 	Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:15:28 +0000
From: 	Silke Rosemarie Pranzetti <spranzet at sissa.it>
To: 	SISSA HE seminars <he-sem at lists.sissa.it>, ICTP HE seminars
<he-sem at lists.ictp.it>, math-users at lists.sissa.it
<math-users at lists.sissa.it>, math <math at ictp.it>
CC: 	IGAP Secretariat <igap-secretariat at sissa.it>

Complex Differential Geometry Seminar

Room 205 on Wednesday, 22 November 15:00-17:00
IGAP Complex differential geometry seminar

organized by Jacopo Stoppa

Speaker: Yongsheng Zhang (Capital Normal University)

Title: Spiral Minimal Products

Abstract: We aim to introduce a structural strategy to produce new
minimal submanifolds in spheres based on two given ones. The method is
to spin a pair of given minimal submanifolds by a curve
$\gamma\subset\mathbb S^3$ in a balanced way and leads to resulting
minimal submanifolds -- spiral minimal products, which form a
two-dimensional family arising from intriguing pendulum phenomena
decided by $C$ and $\tilde C$. With $C=0$, we generalize the
construction of minimal tori in $\mathbb S^3$ explained in a paper by
Brendle to higher dimensional situations. When $C=-1$,  we recapture
previous relative work by Castro-Li-Urbano and Haskins-Kapouleas for
special Legendrian submanifolds in spheres, and moreover, can gain
numerous $\mathscrC$-totally real and totally real embedded minimal
submanifolds in spheres and in complex projective spaces respectively. A
key ingredient of the paper is to apply the beautiful extension result
of minimal submanifolds by Harvey-Lawson for a rotational reflection
principle in our situation to establish $\gamma$.

The talk is based on a joint work with Prof. Haizhong Li.

https://indico.ictp.it/event/10591/

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela