What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Mon Nov 13 17:40:10 CET 2023

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-archives/view/service/1325/en/latest>
| ISSN 2599-9222

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Newsletter_Banner_02_medium-size

*Follow us* EU Science & Innovation <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov>
| EU Science & Innovation <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> |
EU Science & Innovation <https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> |
Research & Innovation RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en>

News alerts
Commissioner Ivanova at the One Planet - One Polar Summit in Paris: the
European Union a worldwide player in polar research
Speaking at the One Planet – One Polar Summit, European Commissioner for
Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth, Iliana Ivanova, has
reaffirmed the important role of the EU as a major player in global
polar research.

Commissioner Ivanova said:

    “Without a healthy and integral ocean and cryosphere, humanity and
    the planet cannot thrive. We gathered at the Polar Summit not only
    to discuss but to act: let us safeguard the most vulnerable
    components of our planet. With hundreds of millions euros invested
    through the EU Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe programmes into polar
    research, we are charting a course that not only seeks to understand
    and protect our cryosphere, but also prepares our communities for
    the transformations ahead.”

Focusing on the regions on the frontline of climate disruption, the One
Planet - Polar Summit takes place this week in Paris and aims to answer
the urgent call for an unprecedented and concerted mobilisation of the
international community to face the effects of climate disruption, which
are warming the Arctic and Antarctic faster than ever before.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/768476/en/mainURL>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Polar and ocean research
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/768476/en/seeAlsoLink>

Success stories
Transforming Europe’s food supply through the power of the microbiome

A better understanding of microbial communities could bring profound
benefits to the agri-food sector. The EU-funded MASTER project has
developed a wide range of microbiome products, foods, services and
processes. These innovations are helping improve the quantity, quality,
safety and sustainability of our food and farms.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/711628/en/mainURL>

SeeAlso

	See also
	More success stories
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/711628/en/seeAlsoLink>

Events
European Research and Innovation for European SAF Policy

Informing developers of promising SAF technologies developed in EU
research programmes to increase their technology readiness level, to
scale up and start production for ready to be deployed technologies.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/711630/en/mainURL>

Date

	date
	30/11/2023 - 30/11/2023

Venue

	venue
	Brussels, Belgium and Online

Organiser

	Organiser
	European Commission

SeeAlso

	See also
	More events
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/711630/en/seeAlsoLink>

Horizon magazine
The miniature green superhero helping to fight bowel disease

Compounds found in seaweed may reduce a serious digestive-tract illness.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/648802/EN/mainURL>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/648802/EN/seeAlsoLink>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
Please read the privacy statement
<https://research-and-innovation.ec.europa.eu/document/download/d8aa9a6c-2fb5-450e-87e4-62301707eebe_en?filename=ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.

ISSN: 2599-9222