Computer-verified proofs: 48 hours in Rome

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Nov 3 16:37:05 CET 2023

24-26 January 2024, we are having a mini event on Lean in Rome.

https://www.mat.uniroma2.it/butterley/formalisation/

This short program concerns interactive proof assistants, programs that
allow you to write and verify mathematical proofs. As such, we focus on
the Lean language and its mathematical library.

For those who want an overview, we present several talks on major
aspects of this emerging field. For those who want to go deeper, we
offer a series of workshop style sessions intended to give participants
first hand knowledge. The aim is to provide an introduction to this area
for working mathematicians and advanced students in a variety of fields.

We would be grateful if you could spread this information as widely as
possible to anyone who might be interested. Do not hesitate to contact
us for any question.

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela