QLS seminar by Diego M. Bustos - 12 May 2023 at 9:00 CET

Quantitative Life Sciences qls at ictp.it
Fri May 5 13:32:56 CEST 2023

Dear All,

On Friday, 12 May 2023 at 9:00 CET, Diego M. Bustos (CONICET, FCEN
UNCuyo Lab Integración de Señales Celulares, Mendoza, Argentina) will
give a seminar titled:
*
Discovery of 14-3-3 protein allosterisms by molecular dynamics *

Abstract:
Molecular dynamics techniques can help unravel the functions of
biomolecules in many ways. In this talk, I will describe how we
discovered a completely new allosteric binding site in a protein family
called 14-3-3. This protein family is involved in a fundamental
mechanism of protein phosphorylation, a mechanism used in eukaryotic
cells to activate or inactivate thousands of proteins.
Using molecular dynamics, we were able to discover the allosteric site,
find and improve an active agent for this site, and describe the
subsequent step after binding to the final conformational change in
14-3-3 that closes (and inactivates) the protein.
___
__The seminar will take place in the L. Stasi seminar room, first floor,
Leonardo building__

_Indico webpage: https://indico.ictp.it/event/10357/

You are all most welcome to attend!

Best regards,