Call for PWF project proposals DEADLINE APPROACHING

Physics Without Frontiers pwf at ictp.it
Wed Mar 22 09:25:50 CET 2023

Dear ICTP friends,

The Physics Without Frontiers programme
<https://www.ictp.it/home/physics-without-frontiers>works to motivate,
train, and educate physics and mathematics university students
worldwide, with focus on science and technology lagging countries, to
help build the next generation of scientists. Each project is unique,
developed with the country's specific needs in mind.

*We would like to invite you to partner with us to organise a project
either in your home country or collaborate on a project elsewhere.*

What you might apply for:

·Projects to train university students in developing countries, proposed
by lecturers, postdocs or graduate students:

·PWF online hands-on training or courses in physics and mathematics, or
online outreach programmes.

·PWF roadshows, university courses, or schools in physics and
mathematics when travel restrictions are lifted.

·Projects to support lecturers and physics and mathematics departments
in developing countries

·Lecturers looking for support to teach a course in physics or mathematics.

·Lecturers looking for support to develop their BSc or MSc curricula in
physics and mathematics.

·Projects proposed by lecturers, postdocs or graduate students wishing
to organise communication or outreach projects designed to support
diversity in physics and mathematics, in particular to address the
gender gap in STEM.

You can read about the aims of the programme and get an idea of the kind
of activities we might organise in our projects here
<https://www.ictp.it/home/physics-without-frontiers-activities>.

The 2023-2024 Call is now open
<https://www.ictp.it/home/physics-without-frontiers-apply>for you to
outline your motivation, define the issue you would like to address and
put forward any ideas you have for the project. The *deadline* for
submitting your application is *31^st March*.

If your project is selected, we will work with you to put together an
organising committee and develop with you a full project proposal with
defined project goals and design corresponding activities. You can find
the *guidelines for applications* *on the website
<https://www.ictp.it/home/physics-without-frontiers-apply>*.

Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/ictpPWF>and Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/ictpPWF>for regular updates and news.

We look forward to hearing from you,