What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Mon Mar 6 17:32:46 CET 2023

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-archives/view/service/1325/en/latest>
| ISSN 2599-9222

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Newsletter_Banner_02_medium-size

*Follow us* EU Science & Innovation <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov>
| EU Science & Innovation <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> |
EU Science & Innovation <https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> |
Research & Innovation RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en>

News Alerts
Hydrogen Valleys strategic for the autonomy of the EU
Today, Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Innovation, Research,
Culture, Education and Youth, opened 'Repowering the EU with Hydrogen
Valleys: showcasing innovative solutions', the high-level event that
brought together over 300 leading stakeholders from the EU hydrogen
community to stage the EU R&I support for a clean energy transition and
end our dependence on Russian fossil fuels.

Commissioner Gabriel said:

    /"Renewable hydrogen plays a strategic role for our autonomy and we
    have to accelerate our path to foster a new growth. It is
    the momentum to move our renewable hydrogen economy from niche to
    scale."/

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/723343/en/mainURL>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Event: Repowering the EU with Hydrogen V...
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/723343/en/seeAlsoLink>

Success stories
Reconnecting the European Union with the citizens it represents

A series of crises has pushed apart the EU and its citizens. Rather than
becoming disillusioned, citizens have increasingly high expectations for
the EU and are looking for ways to become more involved. The EU-funded
RECONNECT project has developed policy proposals, tools and solutions
that can help improve the relationship between the EU and those it
represents.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/711628/en/mainURL>

SeeAlso

	See also
	More success stories
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/711628/en/seeAlsoLink>

Events
Launch of the OECD Science, Technology and Innovation Outlook 2023

The OECD Directorate for Science, Technology and Innovation and the
European Commission’s Directorate-General for Research and Innovation
co-organise the launch of the 2023 edition of the Science, Technology
and Innovation Outlook. Together with Kerri-Ann Jones, Deputy Secretary
General of the OECD, and Signe Ratso, Deputy Director at DG Research &
Innovation, we will take stock of the key messages of the report, have a
lively discussion on some of the main implications, and engage in a
high-level debate on how to enable transitions in times of disruption.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/711630/en/mainURL>

Date

	date
	16/03/2023 - 16/03/2023

Venue

	venue
	Brussels, Belgium

Organiser

	Organiser
	Directorate-General for Research and Innovation

SeeAlso

	See also
	More events
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/711630/en/seeAlsoLink>

Horizon magazine
How to make a nuclear clock tick

While not primarily useful for telling the time, nuclear clocks could
allow scientists to test humankind’s fundamental understanding of how
reality works.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/648802/EN/mainURL>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/648802/EN/seeAlsoLink>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
Please read the privacy statement
<https://research-and-innovation.ec.europa.eu/document/download/d8aa9a6c-2fb5-450e-87e4-62301707eebe_en?filename=ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>

ISSN: 2599-9222