IGAP/SISSA SEMINARS IN ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Thu Mar 2 12:11:45 CET 2023

IGAP/SISSA SEMINARS IN ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY

Dear All

On next Monday, March 6th, we are a going to have a double-header  seminar in algebraic geometry

Speaker: ANNE MOREAU (Paris-Saclay)

Title: Associated varieties of vertex algebras and applications

Abstract: The associated variety of a vertex algebra is an important geometrical invariant. In the context of W-algebras, typical examples are nilpotent Slodowy slices. In the talk I will explain how to exploit the singularities of nilpotent Slodowy slices to study interesting problems on W-algebras. This is based on joint works with Tomoyuki Arakawa and Jethro Van Ekeren.

Venue and time: 11:15 am, Room 133, SISSA Building A

Speaker: EMANUELE MACRÌ (Paris-Saclay)

Title: Stability conditions on Hilbert schemes of points on K3 surfaces

Abstract: I will present joint work with Chuyni Li, Paolo Stellari and Xiaolei Zhao on invariant stability conditions on product varieties.
In particular, this provides examples of stability conditions on Hilbert schemes of points on K3 surfaces.

Venue: 4 pm, Room 136, SISSA Building A

U. Bruzzo