ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Monday 19 June, at 13:30 (Subramani Muthukrishnan) / hybrid seminar

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Thu Jun 15 14:55:28 CEST 2023

_ICTP MATHEMATICS SEMINAR (__Hybrid seminar)_

Monday 19 June 2023, at 13:30 (Rome time)

_/Please note unusual seminar time/_

_For physical attendance:_
ICTP Leonardo Building - Luigi Stasi Seminar Room

_For online attendees: _
Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwlcu6grjkiE9DZRUZ4e9v-WMowkvUM4Ris
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Speaker: Subramani Muthukrishnan (Indian Institute of Information
Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu, India)

Title: The Euclidean algorithm on number fields and related problems

Abstract: The Euclidean Algorithm is a method for determining the
greatest common divisor of two integers. In this talk, we will study the
Euclidean algorithm for integral domains, particularly focusing on the
ring of integers of an algebraic number field. Specifically, we will
explore the Euclidean algorithm for abelian number fields of small
degrees and the Euclidean algorithm for ideal classes. If time permits,
we will also discuss some of our recent results on class numbers of
quadratic number fields. This is joint work with K. Srinivas, Jaitra
Chattopadhyay, and Usha K Sangale.

https://indico.ictp.it/event/10404/

Everyone is welcome to attend

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela