today: Geometric Structures seminar - Samuël Borza - Thursday June 15th, 2023, at 14:00 a.m. (Rome Time) - both in-presence and streamed on Zoom

Miruna-Ştefana Sorea msorea at sissa.it
Thu Jun 15 07:30:00 CEST 2023

Dear All,

This is to remind you of today's seminar from the series "Geometric Structures".

Speaker: Samuël Borza (SISSA, Trieste, Italy)<https://www.math.sissa.it/users/samuel-borza>

Title:  MCP and geodesic dimension of sub-Finsler Heisenberg groups
Time: Thursday June 15th, 2023, at 14:00 a.m. (Rome Time)
Venue: both in-presence and streamed on Zoom
on zoom at this link:
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85675591787?pwd=TUo2VXpmcEhOU1paRzBXUWp2MU1odz09
Passcode: geometry

----
Abstract:
We will discuss the Heisenberg group equipped with an $\ell^p$-sub-Finsler metric. We will explore its geometry through the corresponding (Finsler) isoperimetric problem. Subsequently, we will analyse these spaces as metric measure spaces, considering whether the measure contraction property holds. Furthermore, we will also compute their geodesic dimension. It will become apparent how the answers to these questions are controlled by the value of p (and its Hölder conjugate q). This value determines whether the $\ell^p$-sub-Finsler metric is branching or not, whether it possesses a negligible cut locus, and whether its geodesics are sufficiently smooth or not. Joint work with K. Tashiro.
----

More information can be found here: https://sites.google.com/view/geometric-structures/

Everyone is welcome!

--