ICTP MATH SEMINAR - Friday, 16 June at 14:00 - Tony Ezome

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Jun 13 09:46:44 CEST 2023

_ICTP MATHS SEMINAR_

Friday 16 June 2023 at 14:00 (ROME TIME)

Venue:  Leonardo Building - Luigi Stasi Seminar Room

Speaker: Tony Ezome (École Normale Supérieure - ENS, Libreville, Gabon
and Pole of Research in Mathematics and Applications in Africa - PREMA)

Title: Hopf-Galois Extensions and Applications

Abstract: Hopf-Galois theory is a generalization of the classical Galois
theory. The concept of Hopf-Galois extension is due to Chase and
Sweedler. They introduced it in 1969 to study purely inseparable
extensions of fields and ramified extensions of rings. Then, in 1987,
Greither and Pareigis developed Hopf-Galois theory for separable field
extensions.
In this talk, we first describe minimal Hopf-Galois structures of
separable field extensions. Then we present normal bases of some
Hopf-Galois extensions, namely those constructed from algebraic curves.
And then we describe the resulting arithmetic properties.