REMINDER - MATH SEMINARS TODAY - Monday 12 June

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Jun 12 09:23:27 CEST 2023

_*at 14:00 (CET)*_

*IGAP COMPLEX DIFFERENTIAL GEOMETRY SEMINAR* -
https://indico.ictp.it/event/10396/

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP)

Speaker: Quang-Tuan Dang (ICTP)

Title: Finite Time Singularity of the Chern-Ricci Flow

Abstract: The Chern-Ricci flow is an evolution equation of Hermitian
metrics by their Chern-Ricci form, first introduced by Gill. Building on
recent works, we describe explicit solutions to the Chern-Ricci flow for
various non-Kähler surfaces. We establish new estimates in the case of
finite time non-collapsing, analogous to some known results for the
Kähler-Ricci flow. This allows us to show that finite time
non-collapsing singularities of the Chern-Ricci flow on compact complex
(non-Kähler) manifolds form along analytic subsets, analogous to some
known results for the Kähler-Ricci flow, thus partially answering a
question of Tosatti-Weinkove.

*****

_*at 15:00 (CET)*_

*CIMPA/ICTP MATH COURSES  2023* on Free Boundary Constant Mean Curvature
Hypersurfaces - https://indico.ictp.it/event/10309/

This is the first of four online seminars. Please register in advance to
attend:https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0vcOmtrz8iG9Ihp1iM4_ZKCjl_5jW8CSMq

Timetable
Monday, 12 June, 15:00-17:00
Tuesday, 13 June, 15:00-17:00
Wednesday, 14 June, 15:00-17:00
Thursday, 15 June, 15:00-17:00

Title: Free Boundary Constant Mean Curvature Hypersurfaces

Speaker: Maria De Andrade Costa e Silva (Universidade Federal de Sergipe
- São Cristóvão)

Abstract: One of the most extensively studied topics in Differential
Geometry is minimal surfaces. This subject has connections with a wide
range of mathematics areas, such as complex analysis, partial
differential equations and topology. A classic problem in this context
is the Plateau problem and recently much attention has been given to
problems with the free boundary condition.
This is a mini-course at master/beginning of PhD level. We are going to
study problems about stability and classification for constant mean
curvature (CMC) surfaces with the free boundary condition in certain
spaces.