TRINO-MATH SEMINAR - Wednesday 7 June, at 17:00 (Livia Campo) - Venue: ICTP Luigi Stasi seminar room, at 17:00

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Jun 6 13:42:51 CEST 2023

_TRINO - MATH SEMINAR_

Wednesday 7 June, at 17:00//_/(please note unusual time)/_

Venue: ICTP - Luigi Stasi seminar room

Speaker: Livia Campo (KIAS - Korea Institute for Advanced Study)

Title: Flags on Fano 3-fold hypersurfaces

Abstract: The existence of Kaehler-Einstein metrics on Fano 3-folds can
be determined by studying some positive numbers called stability
thresholds. K-stability is ensured if appropriate bounds can be found
for these thresholds. An effective way to verify such bounds is to
construct flags of point-curve-surface inside the Fano 3-folds. This
approach was initiated by Abban-Zhuang, and allows us to restrict the
computation of bounds for stability thresholds only on flags. We employ
this machinery to prove K-stability of terminal quasi-smooth Fano 3-fold
hypersurfaces. Many of these varieties had been attacked by
Kim-Okada-Won using log canonical thresholds. In this talk I will tackle
the remaining Fano hypersurfaces via Abban-Zhuang Theory.

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela