QLS Seminar - Reyhaneh Afghahi Farimani Monday 24 July 2023 at 11:00 - Ex-SISSA Building 2nd floor common area

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Thu Jul 20 14:58:54 CEST 2023

QLS seminar

----

Monday July 24 at 11am - QLS Common Area

Reyhaneh Afghahi Farimani (Sharif University of Technology, University
of Vienna)

Title:
Effects of linking topology on the shear response of connected ring
polymers: Catenanes and bonded rings flow differently

Abstract:
Over the last two decades, there has been a growing interest in studying
polymers with different architectures in shear flow. Therefore, there is
a vast body of literature on the relationship between topology,
hydrodynamic interaction, and shear flow.
In recent times, significant progress has been made in the synthesis of
poly[n]catenanes. These systems possess mechanical bonds that introduce
fresh degrees of freedom, opening up avenues for material engineering
and new possibilities in dynamics.
In this talk, I aim to explain the behavior of poly[2]catenane when it
is out of equilibrium. Our objective is to gain insight into the nature
of mechanical bonds in polymers and the impact of hydrodynamic
interaction in systems comprising two rings
(with Zahra Ahmadian Dehaghani (SISSA)
Christos Likos ( University of Vienna) and
Reza Ejtehadi(Sharif University of Technology))