Algebraic Geometry Seminar - Wednesday 25 January, at 19:00 (Shubham Sinha)/ PLEASE NOTE THE UNUSUAL TIME

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Jan 23 15:08:04 CET 2023

ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINAR

Wednesday 25 January, at 19:00 (Rome Time) - _PLEASE NOTE THE UNUSUAL TIME_

_VENUE: ONLINE_

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEpcuqrqDIqHdcVyFUZsc2H20ws-sACSEZ4
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Speaker: Shubham Sinha, UC San-Diego

Title: Tautological bundles over Quot schemes on curves

Abstract: I will present formulas for the Euler characteristics of
tautological bundles over punctual Quot schemes that parameterize
zero-dimensional quotients of a vector bundle E over C (based on joint
work with Prof. Dragos Oprea). The formulas suggest analogies between
the Quot schemes of curves and the Hilbert scheme of points of surfaces.
Our proofs rely on Atiyah-Bott localization, universality results (of
Ellingsrud, Göttsche, and Lehn), and the combinatorics of Schur
functions. For higher rank quotients, I will report a few formulas and
vanishing results when the genus is zero.

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela