ICTP Algebraic Geometry Seminar - Thursday 2 March 2023, at 14:00 (Luca Giovenzana)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Feb 27 15:23:13 CET 2023

_ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINAR_

Thursday 2 March, at 14:00

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi seminar room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building)

Speaker: Luca Giovenzana (University of Loughborough)

Title: Type II degenerations of K3 surfaces, pseudolattices, and mirror
symmetry

Abstract: I will report on a work in progress about mirror symmetry for
K3 surfaces in the spirit of the DHT conjecture. After giving a very
brief introduction to the theory of pseudolattices, I will describe how
they show up naturally in the context of Type II degenerations of K3
surfaces, and show how this can be used to recover some classical
results due to Friedman. Time permitting, I will also discuss how these
structures seem to provide a natural setting to study mirror symmetry
for Type II degenerations of K3 surfaces. Everything is based on a joint
work in progress with Alan Thompson.

https://indico.ictp.it/event/10286

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela