REMINDER - ICTP ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINAR - TOMORROW Wednesday, 26 April, at 14:00 (Ho Hai PHUNG)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Apr 25 07:58:16 CEST 2023

A L G E B R A I C  G E O M E T R Y   S E M I N A R

Wednesday, 26 April, at 14:00

Venue: Leonardo Building - Luigi Stasi Seminar Room

-----------------------------------

Speaker: Ho Hai Phung (Institute of Mathematics, VAST, Hanoi)

Title: *Connections on algebraic schemes and their differential Galois
groups *

Abstract: Connections on algebraic schemes generalize linear
differential equations. Their study is motivated by Hilbert’s 21st
problem and Galois theory of solving polynomial equations. Hilbert’s
21st problem asks about a correspondence between linear differential
equations on a punctured complex plane and representations of its
fundamental group. This is nowaday known as the Riemann-Hilbert
correspondence. Some geometric features of a connection are captured in
its monodromy group, which relates to the fundamental group mentioned
above and Galois' theory. This group is henceforth called the
differential Galois group of the connection.
In my talk I will report about our recent works on connections over a
family of smooth schemes parameterized by a curve and their differential
Galois group.