Fwd: Reminder Integrable Systems Seminar

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Apr 17 13:18:36 CEST 2023

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Reminder Integrable Systems Seminar
Date: 	Mon, 17 Apr 2023 09:56:41 +0000
From: 	Giuseppe Orsatti <gorsatti at sissa.it>
To: 	Math Users <math-users at lists.sissa.it>, ICTP Math Section
<math at ictp.it>

Dear All,

This is a reminder thatthe next Integrable Systems Seminar will
be*Tomorrow***at*2** pm*in*Room 136*.

*Speaker:*Alexander Krajenbrink (Cambridge Quantum Computing & Quantinuum)

*Title: /A journey from classical integrability to the large deviations
of the Kardar-Parisi-Zhang equation/*
*/
/*
*Abstract:/In this talk, I will revisit the problem of the large
deviations of the Kardar-Parisi-Zhang (KPZ) equation in one dimension at
short time by introducing a novel approach which combines field
theoretical, probabilistic and integrable techniques. /*
*/
My goal will be to expand the program of the weak noise theory, which
maps the large deviations onto a non-linear hydrodynamic problem, and to
unveil its complete solvability through a connection to the
integrability of the Zakharov-Shabat system.
I will show that this approach paves the path to understand the large
deviations for general initial geometry.

/*
*/This is based on the work arXiv:2103.17215
(https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.127.064101
<https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.127.064101>*/)
with P. Le Doussal./*/*
*/
Inverse Scattering of the Zakharov-Shabat System Solves the Weak Noise
Theory of the Kardar-Parisi-Zhang Equation
<https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.127.064101>
We solve the large deviations of the Kardar-Parisi-Zhang (KPZ) equation
in one dimension at short time by introducing an approach which combines
field theoretical, probabilistic, and integrable techniques. We expand
the program of the weak noise theory, which maps the large deviations
onto a nonlinear hydrodynamic problem, and unveil its complete
solvability through a connection to the integrability of the
Zakharov-Shabat system. Exact solutions, depending on the initial
condition of the KPZ equation, are obtained using the inverse scattering
method and a Fredholm determinant framework recently developed. These
results, explicit in the case of the droplet geometry, open the path to
obtain the complete large deviations for general initial conditions.
journals.aps.org

/*

*/Zoom
Link:https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85632170233?pwd=dDFaT1Y3RnFOL05IUzVDeE44RnRwUT09

Meeting ID: 856 3217 0233

Passcode: 839532

Best regards,

Giuseppe Orsatti

/*

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela