Geometry seminar by Marco Golla

ZUDDAS DANIELE dzuddas at units.it
Wed Apr 12 11:47:48 CEST 2023

Dear all,

it is my pleasure to announce the following talk.

Speaker: Marco Golla (CNRS and University of Nantes)

Title: Alexander polynomials and symplectic curves in CP^2

Abstract: Libgober defined Alexander polynomials of (complex) plane projective curves and showed that it detects Zariski pairs of curves: these are curves with the same singularities but with non-homeomorphic complements. He also proved that the Alexander polynomial of a curve divides the Alexander polynomial of its link at infinity and the product of Alexander polynomials of the links of its singularities. We extend Libgober's definition to the symplectic case and prove that the divisibility relations also hold in this context. This is work in progress with Hanine Awada.

When: Tuesday 18 April at 15:00
Where: Sala Seminari, building H2bis III floor, Via Valerio 12/1 (University of Trieste)

On the evening we will have a social dinner at Marinato. If you would like to join the dinner, please fill this form by Friday 14

https://forms.gle/9cqFtagwEoG5LFud9

Everybody is welcome!

Kind regards,
Daniele Zuddas