Geometric Structures - Pawel Nurowski - September 13, 2022 - 2:00 pm (Rome Time) - room 133 at SISSA

Miruna - Stefana Sorea msorea at sissa.it
Tue Sep 13 07:54:56 CEST 2022

Dear All,

This is to remind you of today's seminar from the series "Geometric Structures".

Speaker: Pawel Nurowski (Center for Theoretical Physics, Warsaw)

Title: What is a para-CR structure of type (k,r,s) and why it describes geometry of ODEs and PDEs of finite type

Time: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 2:00 pm (Rome Time)
Venue: room 133
on zoom at this link:
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85675591787?pwd=TUo2VXpmcEhOU1paRzBXUWp2MU1odz09
Passcode: geometry

----
Abstract:
I will talk about a geometry of manifolds equipped with a pair of integrable vector distributions. Such geometry is suitable to describe a geometry of a large class of Partial Differential Equations (PDEs) considered modulo various types of changes of variables. This class of PDEs is called `the finite type', meaning that their space of solutions is finite dimensional. I will illustrate the para-CR structure of type (k,r,s) geometry with a few examples having applications in theoretical physics.
--

More information can be found here: https://sites.google.com/view/geometric-structures/
Everyone is welcome!

--