IN PERSON Joint ICTP/SISSA Condensed Matter Seminar, 24 November 11:30hrs Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, Dr Gopinathan Rejani

CMSP Seminars Secretariat OnlineCMSP at ictp.it
Fri Oct 28 12:20:25 CEST 2022

---------------------------------------
Joint ICTP/SISSA Condensed Matter Seminar
---------------------------------------

** * * Thursday**, 24 November 2022, 11:30**am * * **

In person: *Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (Leonardo Building, 2nd floor)
*
/Zoom registration link:
/https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIqdOyqqDMpGdIkNTBeOKW0z7MMbpcg9FyK**

Speaker: *Rejish Nath Gopinathan Rejani *(Indian Institute of Science
Education and Research Pune)

Title: *Droplet arrays in doubly dipolar Bose Einstein condensates

*
Abstracts:
Gases of doubly-dipolar particles, with both magnetic and electric
dipole moments, offer intriguing novel possibilities. We show that the
interplay between doubly-dipolar interactions, quantum stabilization,
and external confinement results in a rich ground-state physics of
supersolids and incoherent droplet arrays in doubly-dipolar condensates.
Our study reveals novel possibilities for engineering quantum droplets
and droplet supersolids, including supersolid-supersolid transitions and
the realization of supersolid arrays of pancake droplets.

----

CMSP Seminars support:OnlineCMSP at ictp.it

CMSP, Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics Section
http://www.ictp.it/research/cmsp.aspx

The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
https://www.ictp.it/

----