Gentle reminder CMSP Seminar IN PERSON, 24 October at 11:00am Euler LH, Dr Matteo LOSTAGLIO

CMSP Seminars Secretariat OnlineCMSP at ictp.it
Fri Oct 21 11:51:10 CEST 2022

-------------
CMSP Seminar
-------------

** * * Monday**, 24 October 2022, 11:00**am * * **

In person: *Euler Lecture Hall (Leonardo Building, terrace level)
*
/Zoom registration
link:https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYofuGsqzooHd2cBAKefeflHxz45vMPyOXy
<https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYofuGsqzooHd2cBAKefeflHxz45vMPyOXy>/**

Speaker: *Matteo LOSTAGLIO *(PsiQuantum Ltd, U.K.)

Title: *An introduction to quantum chemistry algorithms

*
Abstracts:
I will give a pedagogical introduction to quantum algorithms, with a
focus on prototypical quantum chemistry problems such as predicting
electronic structures and simulating quantum dynamics. I will overview
how a fault-tolerant quantum computer can be used to solve these
problems. Time permitting, I will review recent progress on quantum
signal processing techniques, which allow to solve linear algebra
problems on a quantum computer.

----

CMSP Seminars support:OnlineCMSP at ictp.it

CMSP, Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics Section
http://www.ictp.it/research/cmsp.aspx

The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
https://www.ictp.it/

----