ICTP Algebraic Geometry Seminars - Wednesday, 12 October, at 15:30 (Diletta Martinelli)/hybrid seminar

ICTP/math - Di Giovannantonio Margherita math at ictp.it
Mon Oct 10 09:44:14 CEST 2022

ICTP ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINARS 2022

Wednesday, 12 October, at 15:30

Hybrid seminar

Venue: for in-person attendees (Leonardo da Vinci, Luigi Stasi seminar
room).

For virtual attendees:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEodeyspjooE9RLusdnk-qwB3tk0VcT8kuM
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Kindly note that this seminar is divided in two parts of roughly 45
minutes each. The first part is for more general audience, while the
second part is more specialized.

Speaker: Diletta Martinelli (University of Amsterdam)

Part 1: Introduction to birational geometry and the Minimal Model Program
The Minimal Model Program is an important framework in the
classification of projective varieties up to birational equivalence. In
the talk, I plan to give an accessible introduction to the subject and
describe some recent advances in the theory.

Part 2: Gale duality, blowups and moduli spaces
The Gale correspondence provides a duality between sets of n points in
projective spaces P^s and P^r when n=r+s+2. For small values of s, this
duality has a remarkable geometric manifestation: the blowup of P^r at n
points can be realized as a moduli space of vector bundles on the blowup
of P^s at the Gale dual points. We explore this realization to describe
the birational geometry of blowups of projective spaces at points in
very general position. We will focus in particular on the cases where
the blowup fails to be a Mori Dream Space, reporting on a joint work
with Carolina Araujo, Ana-Maria Castravet and Inder Kaur.

https://indico.ictp.it/event/10077/