ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday, 6 October, at 16:00 (Emily Quesada Herrera )/hybrid seminar

ICTP/math - Mabilo Koutou math at ictp.it
Mon Oct 3 15:47:08 CEST 2022

ICTP MATHEMATICS SEMINARS 2022

Thursday, 6 October, at 16:00

Hybrid seminar

Venue: for in-person attendees (Leonardo da Vinci, Lecture room D diploma
area, terrace level).

For virtual attendees:

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMqceupqjwrEtST6ofrgimqe-EDKj-7fGCr
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Speaker: Emily Quesada Herrera (TU Graz, Austria)

Title: On the Riemann zeta-function, Fourier optimization and quadratic forms

Abstract: We will discuss several problems at the interface of analytic
number theory and Fourier analysis, involving the distribution of values
and zeros of the Riemann zeta-function, and also the distribution of
integers and primes represented by quadratic forms. First, we discuss
Selberg's celebrated central limit theorem, which roughly states that the
logarithm of the Riemann zeta-function is normally distributed on the
critical line. We will discuss related joint works with Andrés Chirre and
with Meghann Moriah Lugar and Micah B. Milinovich. In particular, we
discuss our proof of a conjecture of Berry (1988), conditional on RH and
on a strong version of the pair correlation conjecture. Finally, we also
discuss a Fourier analysis approach to the study of integers and primes
represented by binary quadratic forms -- a classical problem going back to
Fermat (joint work with Andrés Chirre).

https://indico.ictp.it/event/10071/