IN PERSON Joint ICTP/SISSA Condensed Matter Seminar, 2 December 11:00hrs Room D, Dr Yasir Iqbal

CMSP Seminars Secretariat OnlineCMSP at ictp.it
Tue Nov 15 18:22:55 CET 2022

---------------------------------------
Joint ICTP/SISSA Condensed Matter Seminar
---------------------------------------

** * * Friday**, 2 December 2022, 11:00**am * * **

In person: *Room D (Leonardo Building, terrace level)
*
/Zoom registration link:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIqf-2trDoqG9Y7fj9zs7WRysqb3nC6fkBs/**

Speaker: *Yasir Iqbal *(Indian Institute of Technology Madras)

Title: *Symmetry Classification of Quantum Spin Liquids

*
Abstracts:
Quantum Spin Liquids are zero-temperature nonmagnetic phases of matter
whose description goes beyond Landau’s symmetry breaking paradigm. I
will discuss the framework of Projective Symmetry Groups based on a
parton representation of spin operators which is now widely employed for
classifying spin-1/2 spin liquids, and describe our recent efforts to
generalize this formalism to a generic spin-S system.

----

CMSP Seminars support:OnlineCMSP at ictp.it

CMSP, Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics Section
http://www.ictp.it/research/cmsp.aspx

The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
https://www.ictp.it/

----