Invitation to event "Embedding Ethics in Machine Learning" - 11 November from 13:30 to 15:30

ICTP Director director at ictp.it
Tue Nov 8 17:00:57 CET 2022

Dear all,

on behalf of the Director, we are pleased to invite you to the event
_"Embedding Ethics in Machine Learning"_, that will take place *online
only *on 11 November from 13:30 to 15:30.

The event takes place in the context of the IYBSSD2022.

With case study presentations from:

Matogoro Jabera, AI Lab in Dodoma, Tanzania

DAS Anup Kumar, Centre for Studies in Science Policy, New Delhi

MANAZIR Sharique, Indian School of Business,

Mohali ADENOMON Monday, Nasarawa State University, Nigeria

The panel discussion will explore how scientists in developing countries
have begun turning to Machine Learning (ML) for effective solutions from
helping farmers adapt to climate change to predicting disease outbreaks.
With this potential, however, comes the possibility for abuse, misuse,
and unintended consequences. By presenting case studies from various
parts of the world we will discuss the need for a wider perspective on
ML ethical challenges.

Moderator: Roberto Trotta, SISSA

The event is online only.

Please watch it via streaming at: www.ictp.it/livestream