ICTP Algebraic Geometry Seminar - Wednesday 9 November, at 16:00 (Yulieth Prieto Montanez)/hybrid seminar

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Nov 7 13:47:09 CET 2022

ALGEBRAIC  GEOMETRY SEMINARS  2022

hybrid seminar

Wednesday 9 November, at 16:00 hrs.

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYpcOyuqjovGtairkDg-0xtWjPdhgFEQMwz
After registering, you will receive a confirmation emailcontaining
information about joining the meeting.

Yulieth Prieto Montanez (ICTP)

I: On the geometry of hyperkähler manifolds

Compact hyperkähler (HK) manifolds (also known as Irreducible
holomorphic symplectic manifolds) are higher-dimensional analogs of K3
surfaces generalising many of their properties. However, one of the most
valuable theorems, the Torelli theorem for K3 surfaces, is slightly
different from the case of HK manifolds. In this part, we introduce some
of the main facts about HK manifolds, the known examples, and the notion
of deformation type, which is crucial in order to construct new examples
of such varieties. In particular, we focus on the moduli space of stable
sheaves of K3 surfaces, which is an example introduced in the seminal
works by Mukai and later continued by Göttsche-Huybrechts, O'Grady, and
Yoshioka.

II: The birational geometry of hyperkähler manifolds of K3-n type
admitting symplectic actions

In this second part, we study a particular type of deformation of HK
manifolds admitting a special property: they carry a non-trivial
symplectic birational map. We will see that using some standard facts in
lattice theory, such varieties are birational to the moduli space of
stable sheaves on K3 surfaces. Furthermore, by applying techniques in a
setting of Bridgeland stability conditions, we can prove that they are
isomorphic to some moduli spaces. This last part motivated us to study
the wall-crossing of such moduli spaces in order to characterize their
Mukai vectors. This is a work in collaboration with D. Mattei and Y. Dutta.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor), for those wishing to attend in person.

https://indico.ictp.it/event/10118/

https://researchseminars.org/

--

Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela