CHORAL journal and reading club (The CHORAL Team)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Thu Nov 3 15:46:44 CET 2022

The CHORAL team (J. Barbier’s group) will be organising weekly:

     1) A journal club on high-dimensional statistics, inference and
theoretical machine learning, *every Wednesday at 10:30 am*.

     2) A book reading club, *every Friday at 10:30 am*. We will start
with the theory of large deviations, and we will follow "A course on
large deviations with an introduction to Gibbs measures" by Rassoul-Agha
and Seppalainen.

Both meetings will be informal with plenty of time for discussion.
Time/dates/location subject to changes.

If you are interested to join, please contact directly Jean Barbier for
details: jbarbier at ictp.it

—
Jean Barbier
Research Scientist
International Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy
jbarbier at ictp.it

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela