SISSA Algebraic geometry seminars in presence and online

Michele Graffeo mgraffeo at sissa.it
Wed May 25 16:11:39 CEST 2022

Next seminar, Friday 27/05/2022 at 4:30pm, room Boris Dubrovin 136

Speaker: Solomiya Mizyuk (SISSA)

Title:  On the minimal models of surfaces via Mori theory

Abstract: We discuss the classification of surfaces via the minimal model program. In particular, we state and give some ideas of the proof of the rationality, cone, and contraction theorems. This enables us to conclude that each nonsingular projective surface is birational either to a surface with a nef canonical class, to the projective plane, or to a ruled surface. We mainly follow chapter D of https://arxiv.org/pdf/alg-geom/9602006.pdf

You can find more information about the seminars of the algebraic geometry group at the following links.
https://graffeomichele.github.io/seminari.html
https://www.math.sissa.it/content/algebraic-geometry-seminar-20212022

Join Zoom Meeting
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/83917587333?pwd=amVZSW54bkROS2U0Ly9HbVJYK3c2QT09