ICTP Dynamical Systems Seminar - Friday 27 May, at 16:00 (Jose Ferreira Alves)/hybrid seminar

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed May 25 17:57:31 CEST 2022

ICTP DYNAMICAL SYSTEMS SEMINAR

Starts 27 May 2022 16:00
Ends 27 May 2022 17:00
Central European Time

In Presence: Leonardo Building - Lecture Room D

Online:
Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwld-GgrDorH9BCCBGm_H5AH0yAtz3DWcD5
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Title: Entropy formula for systems with inducing schemes

Speaker: Jose Ferreira Alves (University of Porto)

Abstract: We show that the Pesin entropy formula holds for
Sinai-Ruelle-Bowen (SRB) measures given by inducing schemes, whenever
the entropy of that measure is finite. We apply this result to some
classes of dynamical systems with singular sets for which the classical
results by Ruelle and Pesin cannot be applied. We also present an
example of a system with an SRB measure given by an inducing scheme for
which Ruelle inequality does not hold.

/This will be a hybrid seminar. All are very welcome to join either
online or in person./

/Venue: Lecture room D (Leonardo Da Vinci Building, terrace level), for
those wishing to attend in person. /

/https://indico.ictp.it/event/9966//

--

Koutou Mabilo ICTP Mathematics Group Leonardo Da Vinci Building Strada
Costiera no. 11 34151 Trieste, Italy Tel. no.: +39-040-2240455 For to be