REMINDER: ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday, 10 May, at 16:00 (Lucas Oliveira )/hybrid seminar

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon May 9 15:54:41 CEST 2022

_ICTP MATHEMATICS SEMINAR_

Title: On the connection between the Hardy and L^2-Cowling--Price
Gaussian space-frequency spaces in the subcritical case

Speaker: Lucas Oliveira (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul)

Starts 10 May 2022 16:00
Ends 10 May 2022 17:00
Central European Time

In PRESENCE:
VENUE: ICTP Leonardo Da Vinci Buildin, Luigi Stasi Seminar Room

ONLINE:
Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYvc-ihrzgvEtAoOzwRBxd2DGFnUhpNA45O
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Abstract: We will discuss a relation between the classes of Schwartz
functions present in Cowling-Price's and Hardy's uncertainty principle:
they are almost-equivalent. We also discuss on an endpoint conjecture
version of our main result, exhibiting particular classes where it
holds, and present applications of our main theorem, making connections
with the recent machinery of Escauriaza-Kenig-Ponce-Vega and with bounds
on pointwise Gaussian decay of solutions to harmonic oscillators,
settling a conjecture of Vemuri in all but a discrete set of times.
Joint work with João Pedro Ramos (ETH) and Aleksei Kulikov (NTNU).

/This will be a hybrid seminar. All are very welcome to join either
online or in person. Venue: Luigi Stasi seminar room, for those wishing
to attend in person./

/https://indico.ictp.it/event/9947//

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela