ICTP/IGAP Algebraic Geometry Seminar - Wednesday 4 May, at 16:00 (Lothar Goettsche)/hybrid seminar talk

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue May 3 11:36:34 CEST 2022

_ICTP/IGAP seminar on Algebraic Geometry_

Title: Computation of the vertical Vafa-Witten invariants II:
localization on Hilbert schemes of points

Speaker: Lothar Goettsche (ICTP)

Starts 4 May 2022 16:00

Ends 4 May 2022 17:00

Central European Time

PRESENCE: ICTP Leonardo Da Vinci Building,Luigi Stasi Lecture Room

ONLINE:

Register in advance for this meeting:

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEtd-GvqjorE9BtDAqiw4qFvW-xmtQQ0wOO

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

*Abstract:* Last time we used nested Hilbert schemes to express vertical
Vafa-Witten invariants of a surface S in terms of (unknown) universal
power series, which are generating functions for intersection numbers on
Hilbert schemes of points on S.

In this lecture we will reduce to the case that the surface S is toric,
and then explain how to explicitly compute the generating functions via
localization. We will present the formulas obtained.

Next time we will sketch how to use Mochizuki's formula to do the same
for the horizontal Vafa-Witten invariants.

This will be a hybrid seminar. All are very welcome to join either
online or in person.

https://indico.ictp.it/event/9943/

https://researchseminars.org/

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela